Penn Arts & Sciences Logo

Declaring a Major or Minor

Students wishing to declare a Major or Minor in Philosophy must meet with the Undergraduate Chair to discuss their planned course of study. Prior to the meeting, it may be helpful to for the student to familiarize themselves with some of the information provided on this site, such as information on the four concentrations and their requirements. Students may directly schedule a meeting with the Undergraduate Chair through their email here:


After meeting with the Undergraduate Chair, students will then fill out the “Declare/Update Field of Study Form,” which can be accessed through Path Forms at Path@Penn or on the Student Registration and Financial Services website.


Major and minor applications will take some time to process. If a student has submitted a form, and they are uncertain if it has been fully processed, they can reach out to the Undergraduate Coordinator at