Plotinus on Consciousness: A Multi-Layered Approach
In “Plotinus on Consciousness: A Multi-Layered Approach,” Danny argues that Plotinus prefigures Descartes in introducing the mind-body problem into the history of philosophy and that Plotinus' multi-layered approach towards consciousness offers a richer account of "the mental" than the one contemporary philosophy has inherited from Descartes.
- Ford Foundation Diversity Dissertation Fellowship, 2008-2009
- SAS Dissertation Completion Fellowship, 2008-2009
- Student Associate Member, American School of Classical Studies, Athens, 2008-2009
- Fontaine Fellowship for Minority Students, 2004-2006
- James P. Irvine Fellowship for Minority Students, 2000-2003